Pretty much everything I make comes with a lifetime warranty on stitching and riveting. Please note that this excludes anything made mainly of fabric (at the moment this means the Fabric Sling Shopper.) I designed these products to withstand years of use. So if either the stitching or riveting wears out from regular use, I’ll repair it free of charge. Within the first 5 years, I will pay for shipping as well. After the first 5 years, I will do the repairs for free, but the shipping fees will be your responsibility.
A solid guarantee begins with solid design and workmanship. I design all products to withstand the test of time and I utilize proven construction methods found in vintage military bags over a half a century old (and still going strong). Ultimately, my goal is to make sure you feel secure enough to use your bag everyday and not feel that you have to “baby” it.
- Fabric can fray and tear, which is why I make most products out of premium full grain italian leathers.
- I try to avoid zippers at all costs, because even the highest quality zippers can fail within a few years of use.
- My designs minimize the number of pieces, thus minimizing the number of seams and connections. Which are all potential points of failure.
- All rivets are reinforced with glue and or stitching to prevent any “wiggle” that, over time, can lead to loosening and eventual failure.
- Friction and the elements can destroy thread. Which is why I hand stitch all seams (instead of machine sewing). By hand stitching, I’m able to pull each stitch tight enough to partially (or entirely) recess the thread into the surface of the leather. This further safeguards the thread against long term wear.
- Stitched seams are strategically placed to avoid direct friction that could eventually wear through the thread.
- Regarded by many as the best thread in the world, I use Ritza “Tiger” waxed thread.
- Even the best paint job peels with time and use. Which is why I don’t paint the edges of the leather. Instead, I take the time to carefully sand, dye, burnish, wax and polish every single edge so that the end product is clean, refined and durable.
- Any failures of stitching or riveting due to regular use.
- If a stitched seam is coming apart due to worn out stitches.
- If a rivet comes apart completely, or is loose enough to threaten the integrity of the surrounding stitching.
- Any failures due to extreme abuse or neglect (visibly damaged by an incident involving a scrape, cut, gouge, crushing, or burning)
- If only one or two stitches wears through, but the seam is still holding tight. We’ll show you how you can easily “cap” the thread in place and prevent any further loosening.
- The glue on a seam has worked loose, but the rivet and or stitching is still intact and maintaining seam integrity.
I stamp each all leather products with a unique serial number. So I can easily confirm your ownership and check the records for date of delivery. You won’t need to provide any documentation, just your name and the serial number on the bag. If you give the bag to someone else, no problem. Just send me their name and I’ll transfer the guarantee to the new owner.
What if something unnatural should happen to your bag (say you actually run it over with your car)? What if you just want to give your bag a face-lift (re-staining, conditioning, re-burnishing edges, etc)? I also offer refurbishing/repair services which are priced on a case per case basis.
To start the process, simply contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online form